Monday 28 November 2011

Training for week beginning 28.11.11 (finally updated it Lynda!?!)

Monday
This is dedication for you - a friend wanted to do dinner out Monday night but due to the fact that I have missed the last 2 Monday's, I told her that I would do dinner but only if she joined me for boxercise first! This was despite my legs feeling of lead from my 11 mile run yesterday and my calf niggling :-)


Really enjoyable session with Steve who covers when Mark is off. His warms ups are brilliant, he has great music and is so motivating. A very high intensity work out with lots of arm exercises, followed by a lovely dinner at Zen Cafe - was totally worth it!


Tuesday
Woke up aching this morning, particularly my arms and my stomach. I think this was due to all those press ups and ab circuits! Ate several celebration choccies at work - the xmas pigging is beginning. Made me more determined to get running! Tonight was a mile and a half warm up to the Leas, followed by dynamics, then 4 x 1km reps with 2 min recovery. I did most of the dynamics but I could really feel my calf pulling this evening. It has gone from a low intensity, cramp like niggle to a sharper pain. Pushed through as I am really working hard at the moment and do not want to lose the fitness and the speed I have been building up. Not my fastest training but I managed to keep just behind Graham, Natalie and Genevieve and kept my pace steady. Mile and a half back to the club!


Wednesday
50 lengths followed by aqua running. Was longer reps for this session but I cannot remember as I haven't kept up to date with my blog. Oooops!


Thursday
We ran to the Leas and did our dynamic stretches. My calf is really niggling at the moment, so I went easy on the dynamics, especially the side steps as I could feel it pulling on my calf. Tonights session was 8 x 90 seconds with 1 min recovery. I had every intention of taking it easy but as my fitness is at its best at the moment, I found it really hard holding back. I didn't run as fast as I have been but I didn't push it to the extreme. I still have no stopwatch, so didn't enjoy running with no idea of time. I tried to keep behind Natalie and Genevieve so I could see when they were recovering. They make it look easy and can hold a conversation in recovery whilst I sound like a steam train! 


No more running this week due to a trip to London and lots of Xmas fun with school apart from:


The Santa Fun Run
Myself and Catherine have been plugging this run at school. We donned our Santa suits and headed for town to meet our darlings! We had about 15 children which is great as this is the first year we have plugged it with the children. Absolutely love running with the kiddies. I couldn't believe how long the route was though! Somebody told me it was to the Leas Club (Catherine!) so I pushed the children and told them to aim for the Leas Cliff Hall. It was pretty windy for the little ones. When we got to the Leas Cliff Hall, I realised we had to go further! It turns out that we had to go pretty much to where we start our reps before turning round and running back to the Leas Club! They all did really well and I was so proud of them all. One of the girls in my class came third overall for the under 12's. I would love to put a pic on here but best not. Check out the KM as there is supposed to be a photo in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment