Sunday 13 November 2011

X Country - Bexley 12.11.11

Woke up feeling a little apprehensive this morning due to the fact I had been away with 54 ten year olds all week. I ate cooked breakfasts every morning, had huge lunches and dinners with puddings and survived on between 5 and 6 hours sleep each night! I was also nervous after my debut cross country run in Tonbridge.

There was no need to be worried today as I ran hard and was pleased with my time. It was a much easier course than Tonbridge, much flatter and 2 laps. The first lap flew by and I managed to keep Becky, Leah and Mum within eyesight! Second lap did seem to go on for a while. Managed to keep 2 Bexley runners within distance with the aim of overtaking before the finish. Really pleased with my finishes at the moment - managed a sprint finish and overtook them both. Very pleased with my race today - really buzzing! Now for a night out with a few well earnt drinks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment