Saturday 5 November 2011

Sessions for the wk beg 31.10.11, including another XC at Brockhill

Tuesday (1.11.11)
Hmmm... forgotten the session already. I have obviously done so much exercise this week, that I can't remember! Must update when I do it! It was a good one and I ran hard to make up for the disappointment I felt at the weekend! We went to the Leas (roughly 1.5 miles - so a good warm up), I think we did 1 x8 mins, 2 x4 mins, 2 x2 mins. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong! :-)

Wednesday (3.11.11)
Aqua running with Catherine. I haven't been for a while so was a bit worried but felt it working without it killing me! It's really good for my posture as it is harder to slouch in the pool and my arms have to swing faster. I don't think I am using my arms enough to help me - may have to work on this!

Thursday (4.11.11)
Another good session. 8 x 90 second sprints on the Leas with 1 minute recovery between each. Worked hard on this as it was for shorter time and I like to sprint the end of a race. Managed to keep the faster runners in sight which then spurred me on some more. Enjoyed the shorter, sharper reps!

Saturday (5.11.11)
X Country today - I must say I am not the best at getting up early on a Saturday, particularly as I could hear the rain drumming down on my velux windows! Finally crawled out of bed at 8.15 and had a glass of water and a pear. Was at Brockhill at 5 to 9! Once we got going today, a little part of me we quite enjoyed it :-) My ankles were really achy to start - I think it is the spikes and the lack of support around my ankles. I felt like bambi on ice for the warm up and kept losing my footing but once I got moving in the main session, they didn't ache as much and I was more confident. Main session was x2 of hill by gate, x3 of uphill fast, top recovery and downhill fast, then x3 reversed and x2 short, sharp hill near car park, followed by cool down. Total of just under 7 miles. Less blisters today too, so more promising! Rounded the session of with Tina's Chai cake and my rocky road! Perfect! Set up and ready for the day :-) Question is - do I do the Deal 5 miler tomoz? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment