Tuesday 15 November 2011

Training for week beginning 14.11.11

Tuesday 15.11.11
Hill session this evening. I was absolutely dreading it as I have managed to miss the first 2 hill reps this autumn!  We split up into 2 groups - boys and girls. We used the hill off Sandgate hill by the vets and then the hill down towards Gees. Fast sprints up the shallower hill by the vets with a brisk recovery. We had a steadier run alternating between the whole hill (long rep) and 3/4 of the hill (medium hill) for the hill below.

Surprisingly enjoyable in a warped sense of the word! I think the cross country and aqua running are definitely building up my resistance. Managed to run steady for both lots of 10 minutes. Sat just behind Mum all the way - usually way behind (nothing like a bit of mother/daughter rivalry to spur me on!) Even managed to overtake on the final 2 reps!

Felt very strong running back to the club - found the run back easier than I remembered - usually struggle. Also one of the first back - I remember being the one at the back catching my breathe back and stretching when everyone else was cooled down and in the club house.

Wednesday 16.11.11
Aqua running this evening:
Stretches in shallow end - high knees, side steps etc
Deep end:
x5 20 second sprints with 5 sec recovery on side
x1 minute sprint x1 minute jog recovery
x2 minute sprint x2 minute jog recovery
x3 minute sprint x3 minute jog recovery
x4 minute sprint x4 minute jog recovery
Stretches back in shallow end.

I also swam half a mile (32 lengths) as I had new goggles to play with.

Thursday 17.11.11
Was really tired this evening - think my week away with the kiddies and the pressure of the looming Ofsted has got me! However, finishing work at 6.15 was a blessing as I had no time to sit down with a cuppa and debate whether to go running or not. Mile and a half warm up, up to the Leas followed by dynamic stretches and 8x 2 minute sprints with 1 minute recoveries.

Not many at the club tonight so Fay ran with me and Mum. Really helped as I kept my speed up for the whole session. It helped that they were 2 minute sprints. Although a small part of me was praying that Fay would speed up and leave me alone, I was quietly pleased with the encouragement she was giving me as I worked flat out for the whole session. I could not have given anymore! I also beat Mum too! I didn't think I was that competitive but maybe I was wrong! It's that Mother/Daughter rivalry and the fact she is 24 years older than me!

So thanks to Fay for pushing me this evening! Just got to work on the stamina now as I would not be hold that for longer reps. Legs now feeling very heavy after 2 good running sessions this week. Total mileage 5.7 miles.

Saturday 19.11.11
Laid in my beautiful, warm bed this morning watching the clock ticking! Finally got up at 8.25! Oooops! My legs were heavy and I felt unbelievable full from my take away curry last night but my hard work is finally paying off so I got myself out of bed and off to Brockhill!

Did a different session this morning. Slightly longer reps. Started by the gate, down the hill, up to the left where there was a medium incline before it levelled, followed by a steeper, muddier incline, then had to run down the hill. Was very tentative as still not confident in my spikes (although no blisters today - yay!). We did x2 reps and then did the same route in the opposite direction. I preferred this second route even though we ended on the hill. I quite like the sprint finish up the hill.

After this rep, we had x4 reps on the flat in a loop, running alongside the stream. 2 one way and 2 reversed. I enjoyed this and was able to keep my speed up. It really gave me some confidence as it was flatter but there was uneven ground. Managed to keep behind Fay and Graham which spurred me on.

Followed these reps with 5 strides. Really listened to Fay's advice about where my arms should be and how it is my stomach which should be tighter not my shoulders. Here comes the six pack - haha! Found running back, during the warm down, hard today - my legs were so heavy.

Really pleased with my training session this week - will reward myself with a day off tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment