Monday 5 December 2011

Training (or lack of training) for week beginning 5th December

Monday
Boxercise this evening! Had to go as Steve was still taking the lesson whilst Mark is off. Steve is fantastic and makes you work so hard. His music is upbeat and he pushes you! Could feel my calf on the lunges during the warm up and was sensible on the burpies but a lot of the session was upper body which was good.

Tuesday
Ran to the Leas tonight but felt my calf niggling the whole way. It is now getting in the way of my training as it has progressed from a constant cramp like feeling to a sharp pain. Ran mile and a half warm up but ran back with Tina as I don't want to make it any worse before I start the marathon training after Xmas! So frustrated as I am running really well at the moment! 2 minute PB in the club handicap recently and getting into X country. Grrrr!

Wednesday
Aqua running this evening: 10 x 20 secs, 10 x 30 secs, 10 x 40 secs sprints. Could feel my calf niggling even in the water but it was good to think I was exercising! I never thought that I would be one of these people who 'needs' to exercise!

Thursday
Was my Dad's 50th today, so was a blessing in disguise as I didn't have to make the decision not to run! Had an enjoyable 3 course meal instead!

No more running this week :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment