Monday 26 December 2011

Week beginning Boxing Day :-)

Monday 26th
After a heavy day of drinking and eating yesterday, I crawled out of bed at 9.30! Sent Jo a text to see if she was running as I knew I wouldn't be racing around the Brockhill Course but didn't want to miss out... Her reply was going to give me my answer as she was keen to plod too and I didn't want to plod on my own! Jo couldn't make it but I was surprised to find myself disappointed, so I prepared the spikes and packed a bag and joined Mum.

A rather enjoyable run with a great atmosphere. The bottle necks were rather irritating. I found myself going through the stream rather than over the bridge to save time but ended up with wet feet and taking longer to get up the muddy bank! Then tried to climb over the barbed wire fence as there were so many people trying to get through the gate and ended up cutting my hand and getting scared, so I ended up back in the queue of people heading for the gate!

I forgot how many hills there were but what I did like was all those people I overtook as I headed up the hills as we have trained for them in our cross country races. The training paid off. Not a race that I will be able to compare really to last year but despite my calf, I felt much fitter and stronger than last year. Now for my second roast dinner - yummy!

Mileage - 2.98

Results are on the website: 29: 13 and 230th out of 650!

Taken an hour but I have found my 2010 results - 35:55 which gave me a position of 314 out of 499! Much better time and much better positioning. Have to take it with a pinch of salt as it is hard to compare with the volume of people and the clambering over things but a definite improvement! :-)

Tuesday 27.12.11
Steady run this evening - 5.91 miles

Saturday 31st Jan
Steady run with Jo where we meet Steve, Mark and Angela en route during their 13 mile run!
5.38 miles, 52:11

No comments:

Post a Comment