Monday 2 January 2012

Week beginning 2nd January 2012

Tuesday 3.01
Warm up to hill rep hill
2 x10 minutes on two different hills by the Vets off Sandgate Road
I haven't run properly for a while, so was a bit wary when I found out we had hills, especially after Xmas too!?! Had a really good run and actually enjoyed the hills. Becky pushed me which was good, especially on the 2nd hill, the steep hill!
6.3 miles

Thursday 5.01
We went for a steady run this evening due to the Cross Country Champs on Saturday and the boxing day run presentation in Saltwood.

3.93 miles, 38:27
Avg Pace: 9:47 min/mile

Saturday 07.01
Had the Kent Cross Country Champs today in Dartford. I was really worried as it was 8km and I haven't run cross country since November (apart from the boxing day run). I didn't enjoy going after the men as we got to see exactly what the course included!?! Set off quite quickly and had pains in my stomach before I'd even got half way round - not too sure what it was but it was the same pain as the first cross country. Both Tina and Angela went ahead. I knew that I needed to push on and keep with it. Managed to re-focus and kept Tina and Angela in sight for the 2nd lap. Felt much strong towards the end of the 2nd lap and managed to catch up again. It was great having them both there as they pushed me to keep going. Tina and I pushed each other for the last lap. At one point, I thought I was going to be sick but knew I needed to keep up! Thoroughly enjoyed laps 2 and 3 and was buzzing when I finished in 41:05. Was even more pleased when we found out we had got 3rd place for ladies team of 6!

Average pace 8:44 min/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment