Monday 16 January 2012

Week beginning 16.01.12

Monday
Boxercise - great session but found my calf throbbing by the end - more so than after my 12.6 miler at the weekend. I am sure it is to do with the stepper and star jumps as we haven't done this for a few weeks and I could feel my back jarring! I do love this session though - a real energiser.

Tuesday
Was dreading hill reps this evening but dragged myself out. It is so sociable once you get there and reasonably enjoyable once you start! Hips are still aching from the weekend and calf is niggling but I need to improve on the hills (I sound like a hypochondriac!) Need to practice hills as we have the Dover/ Deal half coming up soon!?! Angela helped me with my splits, so I think I worked them out... Took ages and not 100 % convinced I've worked it out correctly!

First hill:
1. Long: 8:26, 9:11, 8:59
2. Short: 7:46, 8:00,

Second hill ranged from: 10:29 - 11:15
Total mileage: 5.88

Wednesday
Becky and I headed out for a 7 mile run this evening to get our mileage up for the week! I am not able to get a long run in this weekend due to being at uni Friday evening through to Sunday. We ran the route I did last Friday - along by the dual carriageway towards the East Cliff, down to the sands, around by the Priz, up remembrance hill (tough, tough, tough) and along the stretch of the Leas (very windy this evening). Followed this route back towards the club on our warm down route and picked up Cherry Garden Avenue, up to homebase and down Park Farm Road. It was just over 7 miles and our average pace was 9:38, which was pleasing! Thanks to Becky for pushing me! I am struggling with my hips and my back is aching at the moment, which I think is purely down to the mileage that my body is not used to. Need a massage! Need to get another run in tomorrow.
Total mileage: 7.08

Splits:
1- 9:52
2 - 9:12
3 - 10:17
4 - 9:53
5 - 9:38
6 - 9:24
7 - 9:10
Average pace - 9:38

Guess which one involved remembrance hill!?!

Good news today... Received a cheque from my Dad's friend for £100 to donate to my charity and another friend has managed to get me tickets to Paulton Park and Pepper Pigs World for a family of 4 for 2 days plus a 4* hotel which I will be raffling at school. People are really generous when it comes to charity.

Thursday
Out with Becky, Leah and her friend Chloe. Me and Becky headed to Bannatynes to meet Leah and Chloe. Pleasant run of 5.6 miles this evening, finished on Black Bull road, unfortunately Leah and Chloe had to go to the top back to the gym but me and Becky got to stop at Downs Road - bonus! Our average pace was very similar to our run last night, which was good.

1 - 9:30
2 - 9:40
3 - 9:56
4 - 9:29
5 - 9:36
6 - 9:04
Average pace: 9:34

Weekend
Really gutted that I haven't managed to get out over the weekend but was at uni Fri evening, all day Sat and all day Sun! I am hoping that a rest might do wonders for my club handicap run on Tuesday - we'll see! On the plus side, only a week until my first Masters assignment is due in! Phew!!!

Total mileage this week: 18.62 [sad face!]

2 comments:

  1. Well Done Miss Gardiner :) Mum and Dad have said you are a very good runner and try very hard :D I think you should do very well in London! You try hard so Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee! I am expecting lots of encouragement when I do some of the longer runs :-)

    ReplyDelete