Monday 12 December 2011

Training for week beginning 12.12.11

Physio booked for tomorrow morning at 7.45! Wish me luck...

Tuesday 13.12.11
Went to the physio early this morning in Canterbury. The physio thinks I have an imbalance in my hips which has caused a weakness in some of my muscles. She has given me some exercises to do which should strengthen my hips and help me run more evenly. When I asked about my marathon training and whether I should run she said that I could but not to do more than 10 miles. I couldn't even run 3 last week! Watch this space...

Thursday 15.12.11
Decided to go for a warm up run with the club today and test out the calf. Ran up to the Leas and back again with Tina. Could feel my calf the whole time but it's not getting any worse, just frustrating!

Saturday 17.12.11
Ran just over 3 miles this morning to keep my fitness there. I can't believe how unfit I feel and it's only been a couple of weeks - not a nice feeling! Again, no improvements with the calf but could run on it. I am a little concerned that it is throbbing throughout the day, particularly the mornings! Started my exercises today from the physio. Lots of clam exercises and lots of stretching. Took me half an hour and I only got through half of them. Going to have to alternate each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment