Monday 19 December 2011

Week beginning 19/12/11

Monday 19th
4.8 mile run this morn from Downs Road along towards the East Cliff, down Tram road, up the Road of Remembrance and along to the top of the Leas before heading along the stretch of Shorncliffe Road, down Radnor Park and up Park Farm road. Quite a nice route. Again, my calf is still niggling and I am constantly thinking about it whilst I run but I felt strong running up the hill and my calf niggled less up the hill than on the flat. I am hoping this means I can run the Club handicap tomorrow - even if it is just a steady!

Boxercise this evening - had to go due to the large curry I had at lunch - oooops! Will have to overhaul my diet in January! I love Boxercise at the Sports Centre, particularly with Steve as it is such high impact. Was careful on the lunges but I managed to complete the whole hour.

Tuesday 20th
Have been umming and arrrring all day about the Club run this evening. I was so looking forward to beating my time this month after such a good run last month but there is no way I will be able to. My run yesterday was 10 minute miles and I am not sure I could have picked up the pace that much without impacting on my calf!

Decided to run!?! Not very comfortable all the way round, tried to keep it steady and not push it. Was off 4 minutes this time, which is great considering I started off 1 minute - however, wasn't good in some ways because it was really disheartening when everybody overtook me on the first lap rather than the second lap! 38:27 which wasn't too bad considering I was trying to keep it steady but I was still disappointed after my last handicap when I got over a 2 minute P.B! Will be booking a sports massage in the morning and icing the calf in a minute, especially after all the marathon talk and knowing I need to start mine in January...

Thursday 22nd
Social Lights Run this evening. Donned my present earrings and my yellow viz jacket as Mum had stolen mine to match her pink and black Santa hat - a first for Mummy Gardiner as she doesn't do hats! I should have sneaked a picture! Just over 4 miles of running this evening. It was a really great turn out and makes me proud to be a member of the club! It was a very gentle run with lots of stopping and starting to oooh and aaaah at some very classy lights and some very tacky lights. Calf still niggling but getting so fed up of the feeling of cramp despite no running that I have decided to keep at the running and have the cramp like feeling all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment