Monday 5 March 2012

Week beginning 5.03.12

Tuesday 6th March
Massage with the lovely Ian Godden


Thursday 8th March

11. 6 miles with Becky this evening! Becky picked me up en route at my house, having already run 2 miles. We ran up to the single carriageway towards Sainsburys and then down to Bannyntynes where we met Leah. I had those pains in my stomach again this evening, which I haven't had for a while so was a little disappointed - managed to push though the pain and they stopped after a few miles. We ran through Cheriton, down Horn Street to Sandgate and then headed back towards Folkestone. We ran up the Golden Valley at an average of 9:10 minute miles, which I was pleased with. Left Leah at the traffic lights at Cherry Garden Avenue, then Becky and I ran along past Morrisons and took a left down Radnor Park. We took a right half way up Blackbull Road and headed along Canterbury Road towards the East Cliff. I said goodbye to Becky at Warren Road as she had completed her 12 miles and I continued round on a loop around the East Cliff and back on Warren Road. Headed past the park and back towards home.

Found today really tough. I hadn't run since the Thanet 20 and think I should have got out for a short recovery run earlier on in the week as my legs were so, so heavy! Managed a good pace though - 9:22!

1 - 9:19
2 - 9:33
3 - 9:50
4 - 9:06
5 - 9:13
6 - 9:36
7 - 9:10
8 - 9:07
9 - 9:23
10 - 9:11
11 - 9:33
12 - 9:25

Average pace - 9:22

No comments:

Post a Comment