Monday 12 March 2012

Week beginning 12.03

Tuesday 13th March
Back at the club this evening for the first time in a couple of weeks. Had a tempo run today. Was a bit apprehensive as haven't had this training session yet. Really, really enjoyed it. 2 mile warm up to the Leas. Then we had to run 3 miles slightly quicker than our 10km pace. Really pleased with my splits. Lots of comments about how strong I looked, which spurred me on and gave me a boost!

1 - 9:42
2 - 9:33
3 - 8:11 (Tempo)
4 - 8:02 (Tempo)
5 - 8:11 (Tempo)
6 - 9:20
7 - 9:37

6. 4 miles

Thursday 15th March


Went for a 7 mile run with Becky and Leah this evening. Started at Bannytynes and headed through Cheriton. Not impressed when we got water bombed by pussy cats!?! 2 little old ghurka ladies were hiding under their scarves as we ran past and we weren't sure why until a couple of minutes later when myself and Leah got hit by this water bomb! Not impressed - so rude! We ran down hospital hill and then headed back into Sandgate towards the Golden Valley. Ran up Golden Valley and back through Cheriton - hit by another water bomb!?! Ran through Radnor Park. We then ran from the bottom of Black Bull Road all the way to the top (my first time). Was hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. Leah was like a machine up the hill whereas Becky and I were more steady! Ran towards Sainsburys along the single carriage way and back towards Bannytynes.


My watch died today but we ran exactly 7 miles and our average pace was 9:02 which was quicker than I thought it would be - especially with the Golden Valley and Black Bull Road!


Saturday 17th March


Hmmm... Woke up this morning after a very successful quiz to raise money for Leah's charity last night. I'd eaten fish and chips for the first time in months - which was amazing at the time but perhaps not the best thing to eat the night before a long run! Not sure, the bottle of wine and shot of JD was a good idea either. Did have a pint of water when I got in and a pint of water this morning but after a manic week at work with R.E ofsted, an observation and all the reports due in, I just felt shattered. Lindsey and Leah arrived at 8.30am and we headed off along Downs Road. We ran up into Hawkinge (my first time up to Hawkinge running!) Didn't feel too great - could feel the grease of the fish and chips, plus I had severe cramps. Lindsey and Leah stormed up the hill, they were amazing! I felt like I was slowing them down but I just wanted to lay on the road and curl up in a ball. They were so supportive. I genuinely contemplated turning around and going home - the thought of a 17 miler was filling me with dread! Gave myself a talking to on the second hill and it seemed to work! We got into Hawkinge and ran through some housing estates and out into the valleys, near Alkham and then towards Selsted. Lindsey left us half way round as she was also running this arvo. We had a good run up until about 7 miles and then both myself and Leah hit a bit of a wall. We ran well up the hill in the valley but as we got closer to Canterbury Road, we both began to lose enthusiasm. Leah has had a tough week with Matt's injury and her charity effort last night and I have had a long month with school. We ran in comfortable silence but neither of us could motivate each other, especially when we hit Canterbury Road and the wind was against us. Our legs began aching, so we decided to cut our run short and do 13 miles instead of 17. We both pushed through and persevered. 


All in all, not a bad run 13 miles in 2:02, which included 3 tough hills. Average pace was 9:24.


1 - 10:51
2 - 11:10
3 - 9:32
4 - 9:07
5 - 9:09
6 - 8:55
7 - 9:28
8 - 9:03
9 - 9:08
10 - 9:11
11 - 9:00
12 - 9:08
13 - 8:34


Total mileage this week: 26. 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment