Tuesday 25 October 2011

Training this week, including the first club handicap

Went out yesterday morning for a short run on my own seeing as it is half term!

Note to self: Do NOT eat take away curry the night before a run! I felt so heavy and lethargic, it took me at least 3 miles to get going! 

Attacked remembrance hill after the disasterous half marathon attempt where I had to walk a third of it! I quite enjoyed it. I think I may prefer it to Sandgate hill? Ran 6.6 miles, need to organise my music, Celine Dion was not motivating me! Wham on the other hand...

Today, was the first club handicap. I was determined to set a P.B today and start the winter series as I meant to carry on. Unfortunately, I felt rather rough this afternoon and had a nap - I never nap! Started way too slow this evening and it wasn't until Catherine over took that I realised my pace was too slow. Not pleased with my time: 38:40 but at least I've got room to improve next month :-)

I am absolutely loving the support of the Folkestone Running Club - looking this evening at the number of faces there for dinner, plus the number of fast runners that passed and gave encouragement made me realise what a great bunch of people attend the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment