Sunday 16 October 2011

First post of the blog!

O.K - so the blogging begins! 
I had my first cross-country training of the year yesterday wearing spikes for the very first time. Getting up yesterday morning after a hard week at work was tough! I am glad that I was picking Zoe up as I couldn't back out. We ran 6.7 miles up and down a number of different hills (4) and alternated between sprinting and recovering. Not quite trusting my spikes yet. Fay was encouraging me to sprint faster down hill but anyone who knows me, knows how accident prone I am and how many times I have broken my wrists! I am the girl who has fallen down Coolinge Lane twice and Sugar Loaf hill once :-) 

Hoping that with time, I'll become more confident and pick up speed. It was a tough session but thoroughly worth it when we got to the end and had coffee and cake. Folkestone running club is such a sociable club! Now have blisters on the balls of my feet and my toes - I am putting this down to running on my toes for the first time! Now I have to get ready for a second session next Saturday - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment